Sunday, November 14, 2010

Here's my take on a card one of my stampers brought over as an example. The original card had the En Francis stamped on vanilla and layered on an Espresso circle. I decided to simplify the layout and stamp directly on the Poppy Parade background. I'm liking the Poppy, Espresso and Vanilla color combination!

This is my first attempt at Soot Stamping and I have a mixed review. The effect is really fun but I'm not sure I did a very good job of taking the soot off of the paper with the stamp. I couldn't find my clear sealer and used hairspray instead. It seems to have done a pretty good job of sealing the soot so that it doesn't rub off the card. Plus it smells much better than acrylic sealer! I'm going to play around with this technique before Wednesday's class and try to perfect it a bit more. 
My upline Lee Ann showed me a card she created using the Two Tags die to make a magnetic bookmark. I thought that was a really cool way to use the die and came up with this as a twist on a card I make a couple of weeks ago. Though this card doesn't have any greeting on it now, it would be easy enough to swap out snowflakes for a greeting. Ok, time for bed. That is if I can sleep through the bass rumbling coming from my hubby playing his new video game in the basement :)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, you may have found a combo that make Poppy Parade not so obnoxious and unlikeable! I love the espresso-poppy-vanilla mix, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails